Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Hello everyone...I hope you all had festive Christmas and New Year's holidays!

As with last year, I decided to let our group go dormant for about a month due to the end of year craziness that tends to happen.  Now that 2014 is already here it's time to pick up where we left off.

With that in mind, I am finally getting around to implementing a suggestion made by one of our group members when it comes to scheduling runs.  Instead of the rather haphazard nature I've used to schedule runs so far, I am in the process of creating a calendar for all our runs this calendar year. 

In addition to the calendar itself, other differences include the runs will now be scheduled more frequently and well in advance, which I hope will make it easier for people to participate in more of our runs.  Runs will still occur in the same pattern as before, namely a run up north, then downtown, and then down south.

One final addition I plan to make to the calendar is listing dates of local races for everyone to reference.  A couple quick examples include the Rock the Parkway Half-marathon and Kansas City Marathon, but I will include events of all distances.

The calendar should be posted here on the blog within a week at most...until then I hope your new year starts off well!

No comments:

Post a Comment