Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Marathon Training - Week 2 Recap

Nothing too exciting during Week 2, which is a good thing depending on how you look at it.

Using bicycle rides for active recovery as opposed to running "junk miles" feels good so I'm hoping that continues to pay dividends as my training progresses.  I had an unexpected rest day due to my family schedule so my overall mileage dipped a bit this week.

Overall things are going well, though, so it's just a matter of staying on course.

Total Mileage:  21 miles

Workouts:

  • One bicycle trainer workout
  • Three-mile interval run
  • Five-mile hybrid run
    • 2.25-mile Time Trial
    • 2.75-mile moderate pace
  • Five-mile maintenance run
  • Eight-mile long run

I'll add the average paces soon to keep it simple to track progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment