Thursday, June 13, 2013

Now I'm Committed...

After weeks of putting it off I finally registered for the Prairie Fire Marathon scheduled in October.  Having run the event in 2011 I originally planned to run it last year but my work schedule derailed my training to the point where I could not perform at level I preferred.

I plan on using the blog to document my training as it progresses, culminating with a race report after the event.  I have found race reports can be very useful tools for not only the runner himself, but also others to get a glimpse of the "good, bad, and ugly" of a race.  If nothing else maybe you'll learn something from my experience so you don't have to learn the hard way!

I encourage any of you to participate in the event, as well.  A half-marathon, 5K, and one-mile Fun Run are available in addition to the full marathon.  Having training partners for the same event always adds a welcome layer of accountability, at least for me.  So if anyone wishes to join me for any of the events at the race I welcome the company!

The race is in Wichita, Kansas, making it a reasonable drive.  I'll also quickly add the courses are all rather flat, making for favorable running conditions.  The event is also well-organized despite being a more modest-sized race.

Click here to go to the race's official website.

Wish me luck!

Jonas

No comments:

Post a Comment