Monday, July 1, 2013

Marathon Training - Week 3 Recap

Bit of an up-and-down week this week.  Had some stubborn muscle tenderness in my left leg persist for a handful of days (still lingering, actually).  Not enough to derail training, but noticeable, particularly after hard runs.

On that note, this week was my first week with a race pace tempo run.  I survived, but it was challenging.  My long run went very well, particularly since it was on a notably hilly route.  I ran with a friend of mine, which made it more tolerable, and dare I say enjoyable, than if I ran alone.

I also had another unscheduled rest day, but given the problem in my left leg the extra day off is probably a blessing in disguise.

Here are the details for Week 3:

Total Mileage:  24 miles

Workouts:
  • One bicycle trainer session
  • Three-mile interval run
    • 2 x 1 mile at 6:17/mile
    • 2 x 1/2 mile at 6:00/mile
  • Six-mile race pace tempo run
    • 6:48/mile average pace
  • Five-mile maintenance run
    • 7:52/mile average pace
  • Ten-mile endurance run
    • 7:47/mile average pace

No comments:

Post a Comment