Sunday, July 7, 2013

Marathon Training - Week 4 Recap

Another week of highs and lows.  I was a bit disappointed with my race pace run this week since I was behind pace by a couple seconds per mile.  That may not sound like much, but spread over the course of a marathon those seconds add up quickly.

I am learning I need to focus on better nutrition before my race pace runs, particularly when it comes to how much I am eating prior to these hard workouts.  I don't run on an empty tank but I can tell I don't quite have enough to keep me going at the pace and distance required, so I need to adjust my food intake accordingly.

Thankfully, my long endurance run went very well this week.  I used a hilly route and was able to finish within my required pace range, not to mention a solid final mile at close to race pace.

So overall not a bad week...just not quite where I wanted it to be.

Total Mileage:  30 miles

Workouts:
  • Five-mile recovery run
    • 8:48/mile average pace
  • Interval run
    • 2 x 1 mile (6:17/mile average pace)
    • 2 x 1/2 mile (5:56/mile - 6:00/mile average pace)
  • Six-mile race pace run
    • 6:51/mile average pace
  • Six-mile maintenance run
    • 7:44/mile average pace
  • Ten-mile endurance run
    • 7:34/mile average pace

No comments:

Post a Comment